The Family

“The family. We were a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together.”
Erma Bombeck

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Silence is Golden . . .but the things kids say are priceless

Today the girls and I went to see "Ramona and Beezus". It was REALLY good! Addison is a lot like Ramona, kind of a super sweet, fun loving, 'bull in a china shop' ;)

There is a scene in the movie, where the parents are under a lot of stress & everything is going wrong. The sisters get into a fight, with Beezus storming off after telling Ramona that she ruins everything she touches. Ramona goes to feed the cat (who is very old) and finds that he's passed away in his bed. A very tense and emotional scene.

Everyone in the theater is quiet, you can hear the sniffles. I look at Caroline and she has her hand over her face, sobbing. I'm crying now and as I put my arm around Caroline to pull her closer, Addison gets right up in my face and says at the top of her lungs "DID THE CAT DIE?! JUST LIKE L.D. DIED, RIGHT MOM?!

Gotta love her!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my... I don't know if you want to hear this but Addie takes after me Stacie! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for her being upset...and the trauma of L.D.
    kim

    ReplyDelete