The Family

“The family. We were a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together.”
Erma Bombeck

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Whoa. What do you mean, shots?!

Part of the admission process into the RN program (by the way, got into the RN program and I start in the Fall) is having titers done to check your immunity to childhood diseases etc. Some things were fine but I still have to get some shots - had my 1st varicella today (no, I have never had chicken pox, nor apparently even been exposed to it) and I must admit...
 I WAS SCARED!! 
lol! The kids knowingly and lovingly held my hand ;) through it.  Oddly, I do have immunity to Hep A though (the PA I see said probably from one of those stomach bugs - Bad sushi, bad!) 
Still gotta get Hep B, PPD test and a tetanus - GOOD TIMES!!

No comments:

Post a Comment